Sunday, April 22, 2012

WEEK #4

After reading the Forces of Leadership information I took a look at my own leadership experiences and tried to figure out which of the styles I was most similar too.  I am very analytical in nature and I have natural strengths when it comes to planning and managing my time.  I typically also have a back up plan and find myself prepared to adapt if things do not go as planned. 

As a former youth director at a church and high school basketball coach I was in my natural element. I was at ease and thrived in planning trips, outings, events, practice plans, game plans, etc.   I typically would have every aspect including how much time different things would take planned out. 

If I was teaching, I believe I could benefit the school by taking on a leadership position in department meetings.  I would be sure to keep the group on task  and would make sure things were done on time.  I also would bring that level of organization into the classroom and would teach my students small things that could help them in the areas of time management, planning, and being organized.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ryan,

    Organization and time management are excellent skills for teachers. I have seen you demonstrate those skills in our team learning environment; I agree, you would make a valuable contribution in department meetings. I also think your background experience will help you connect with your students and teach them those skills (and others) in a manner that made it meaningful for them.

    ReplyDelete